Home     About     Recipes     Garden

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Not going to be a fun day

Water heater's out. Hubby discovered it this morning when making coffee. Pilot light is on but the heater is not firing up. So now he is doing some reading on how to proceed. It might just need a new thermostat, but finding one for our heater today could be tough. It also might need to be replaced. Replacing it with a bigger one is what the plan had always been, but again, probably not going to be able to walk into Lowe's and get a 100 gallon tank. If we have to spend $400 today I sure would like to be able to put the water heater we want in. Not going to be a fun day.

Now I'm working on the fly and trying to figure out what our meal gameplan is going to be for today. No hot water= no ability to clean up my mess in the kitchen. I was all excited after finding Kate @ Cooking During Stolen Moments recipe for Pizza Bread last night, and altered my meal plan. I also am out of pancakes and wanted to make some muffins. Think we might end up with the frozen lasagna from Schwan's that I have in the freezer, on paper plates for tonight. And some sandwiches in paper trays for lunch.

Have I mentioned that I really want to take a shower? Gonna be a long day today, kids.

1 comments:

Janelle said...

Yuck!!! Been there, done that, and it's absolutely not fun! Hopefully you can get it fixed and get that shower and clean kitchen. I worried about mine this morning when my shower only required the absolute minimum of cold water, which is NOT the norm. However, everything seems okay, so I am guessing that the problem is with the absolutely frigid cold water - that happens when the temp outside is like 7°! Please let us know how your day went!!!

Murad Skin Care