Home     About     Recipes     Garden

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Chili-Beer Pot Roast



This is our family's favorite pot roast. My husband's mother makes a variation of it, which she serves on noodles. I swapped out the noodles and added potatoes. I also cook it in a slow cooker, but can be done in a roasting pan at 300 for 4 hours.


Chili-Beer Pot Roast


5-6lbs chuck roast or arm roast

4 medium potatoes, rough chopped

1/2 lb. baby carrots

1 8oz package of mushrooms, cleaned and trimmed

1 large onion, rough chopped

2t. minced garlic

1/2 packet onion soup mix (or beef boullion)

1 bottle chili sauce

3T Worcestershire sauce

1 bottle beer, any kind ( I like darker beers for this, but even a light beer will work)

1 box frozen peas


Place potatoes, carrots, mushooms and onions in crockpot. Put pot roast on top. Pour soup mix, garlic, worcestershire sauce and chili sauce on top. Fill chili sauce bottle 1/2 way with water, swish it around and add that to the crockpot as well. Cover, turn on low and let cook 6 hours. Remove lid, add beer, and let simmer for another 1-2 hours, until meat pulls away with a fork. Add peas in last half hour of cooking. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Kim @ Forever Wherever said...

I'm so happy you could make it to Tasty Tuesday! This recipe caught my husband's attention! It sounds delicious and easy...that works for me! I'll have to try it and let you know how it turns out! Thanks for sharing!

Janelle said...

Hi there! I posted the recipe you requested for stuffed french toast! :-) http://notjustleftovers.blogspot.com/

Let me know if you try it - it's easy and reallllly good!

Murad Skin Care