Home     About     Recipes     Garden

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Saturday 9

As we kickoff the holiday weekend...this sure looks like fun! The Saturday 9 questions for this week:

Saturday 9: Hot Fun in the Summertime

1. Is summer your favorite season? Why?

Until it gets too hot and I dont' have a pool, yes. :) I loooove having my garden for veggies, all the roses and fresh flowers, and the ability for the kids to get a lot of time outside.

2. Do you exercise more in the summer because you wear less clothing?

Yes, but I actually try to be good all year....you just notice certain bumps and rolls more easily in the summer :)

3. Do you enjoy tanning or are you more concerned about the dangers of basking in the sun?

I don't try to tan. I'm a fair skinned redhead, and while I DO tan if I'm careful (although hubby says my freckles just connect), I just thinking I'm taking a risk. I've learned to be okay with my paleness.

4. You are on the beach when a waiter appears for your drink order. What do you ask for?

A mai tai. or two.

5. Do you camp in the summertime?

This is the first year with kids that we are going to attempt this. We used to do it pre-kids, and now that they are 6 and almost 4, I think they're ready.

6. What was your favorite summer vacation as a kid?

Going to visit family in Naples Florida and going conch shell diving---we had a lovely conch soup that night!

7. Do you enjoy sleeping outdoors?

sorta? When I was a kid, my parents sent me to a weeklong Girl Scout camp in the mountains in California. Every night we slept on cots that were outside in the trees, and it was lovely. But here in the humidity, not nearly as much fun.

8. Do you throw a summer barbecue every year?

Mostly, yes. We didn't do it last summer but I suspect we will this year.

9. Have you ever been to a nude beach? If yes, what did you think?

no. I don't have an issue for them for people who want to be comfy in their nudeness. That will just never be me. I get all eeked out changing in the gym locker room.

1 comments:

Lisa G said...

I agree with you on #9. Have a happy Saturday :)

Murad Skin Care