Home     About     Recipes     Garden

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Bakers Bargain Meal of the Week



There are some strong seafood deals this week at Bakers- $1.99/lb for Catfish nuggets, buy one get one free for shrimp, etc. I really don't know what to do with catfish, so you're on your own with that one :) I decided, after picking up one for myself, to focus this week's meal around pork loin at $1.77/lb. My pork loin was around $5 for 3lbs. I will be dividing that up and using it for a few different meals. Please note that while this recipe says it serves 6, it calls for 3lbs. of meat---a tad much--I am basing pricing on using 2lbs.- you could probably cut it back even more for a family of 4. If you have some cheese at home, a little sprinkling on top would go far!

Your shopping list:
2lbs. of pork loin $3.54
1 can of Kroger corn .48
1 can of Kroger diced tomatoes .48

The recipe-
Pork Tamale Pie

If you're in the mood for a sweet treat after, and you get 10 qualifying items in the Mega Event, you get $5 off. That makes the Haagen Dazs Cups .49!

0 comments:

Murad Skin Care