Home     About     Recipes     Garden

Friday, July 3, 2009

My first garden veggie

LOL. Yes. One little cucumber. That's it. But it's still exciting to get something out of your garden (other than my herbs) for the first time. I plan on doing some pickling when production picks up. In the meantime, what to do with just one?
How about a pretty greek salad? Romaine, roma tomatoes, red onions, feta and cucumber slices. Now I need to make a Greek vinaigrette.
I have some wonderful fresh oregano and basil from the garden, added some lemon rind, lemon juice, garlic pepper, salt, red wine vinegar and olive oil.
Shake, shake, shake and it's all ready for my salad featuring my one lil' cucumber. LOL. I'll post a picture from dinner when I toss the salad along with the lemon garlic grilled chicken I'm making tonight. Yum!

0 comments:

Murad Skin Care