Yep, we're having S.O.P.S. this week. Sausage, onion, and potato skillet.
Your shopping list:
1 Kroger 16oz. Rope Smoked Sausage= $2.89
1 10 lb. bag Kroger Value Russet potatoes @ $2.99- use 3lbs.= .90
1 medium onion= about .50
1 cantaloupe= $1.69
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 potatoes - peeled and cubed
- 1 pound smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- 1T lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes to skillet, cover and simmer, turning occasionally, until potatoes are almost tender and a little browned, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the sausage and onion. Cover and cook for about 5 more minutes, or until onion and peppers are to desired tenderness. Add seasonings, stir and serve with slices of cantaloupe.