Home     About     Recipes     Garden

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Look what you can do with 3 chicken breasts

This...
...and this!

Hy-Vee is having another great weekend sale. One of the things I picked up this morning was bone in skin-on chicken breasts for .88/lb. I brought the 2 packages home, put one in the freezer, and decided to go ahead and cook up the other package. The package was about 2.5 lbs. and cost me $2.27.

First, I poached the chicken with water, celery, pepper corns, garlic cloves, carrots and onion. After it was cooked, I pulled it out, chopped it up, and came up with 2 nearly 1lb. bags of meat to use. I have one in the fridge for lunches, and the other in the freezer for a future meal.

Then I added the bones back to the pot, add more celery, some parsley and more water, and simmered for about 3 hours. I got 3 containers of broth that are in the fridge now, and when they're cold, I'll skim any fat off and put them in the freezer.

All of that for $2.27!!

0 comments:

Murad Skin Care