Home     About     Recipes     Garden

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Girl Scout Cookie Names...


Good thing I managed to lose a bit of weight over the past week. I'm bound to gain it back. Our 3rd grade neighbor and resident girl scout brought our order over today.

I laugh whenever we get Girl Scout cookies here in Omaha. We're from Missouri, and most of the cookies are the same, but NONE of the names are. And we find differences in what gets sold here versus home. My friend's daughter sells cookies in St. Louis and the list was quite different.

So left to right, we got the Thanks-a-lot, which is a shortbread cookie dipped in chocolate. Then the Peanut Butter Patties, in St. Louis known as the Tagalong, the Lemonades, which are shortbread cookies with a lemon icing, and Peanut Butter Sandwiches, also known as the Do-Si-Do.

What cookies did you get in your area and what do they call them? What's your favorite?

2 comments:

Janelle said...

I'm a cookie mom for Girl Scouts. They used to be those fun names like Samoas, Do-Si-Dos and Trefoils, but I think they changed them all to the more boring names that you are showing on the boxes. I still call them the fun names, though! :-) We like 'em all, but I have to avoid buying the Samoas (Carmel Delites) because I could eat the entire box in one sitting!! lol I'm glad our cookie sales are over, but it is a lot of fun.

Sarah said...

This explains why I couldn't remember which cookie I really liked. The names didn't look familiar and so I went with the thin mints to be safe.

Murad Skin Care