Home     About     Recipes     Garden

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My "Happy Weight"

Kudos to Self Magazine for restoring some sanity to weight loss. I have always been so frustrated by those "ideal weight" calculators you find online. The weight ranges they give you might be "ideal" but at least for me, hardly "realistic". I would be a skeleton. A mean, grumpy, hungry skeleton. Might as well be in Hollywood.

So I stumbled across my kinda calculator! Self Magazine's "Happy Weight" Calculator. They ask several questions, and then give you a weight target that is skinny enough to look great, and easy enough to maintain. I did this today and discovered that I'm actually about 7lbs. UNDER my "Happy Weight"! Right on! And the thing is, I'd actually be comfortable 7lbs. higher, I just love being a little thinner and I can maintain it.

So if your goal is weight loss, I'd recommend this as a great realistic target. Good luck!

1 comments:

TJ said...

I'm going to check that out. Most "target weight" calculators for me don't take into account my small build. So I usually show up as underweight when I'm where I feel comfortable. Right now though, that is not a problem. I still have at least 20 pounds of baby weight to lose.

Murad Skin Care