Home     About     Recipes     Garden

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Menu Plan Monday Week of 1/4

Welcome to 2010! It's been over 1 year that I have been consistently meal planning, and it's saved money, time, and my sanity. Truly. Hubby's even commented that we never have the "what to eat" panic anymore. Ever. And we don't eat out more than once a month really either. We've figured out that I can usually make the food just as well, only cheaper :) This week's plan builds around food already in the freezer or things I'm prepping today.
Since tonight is Pizza Night, I browned extra sausage, onions and mushrooms. I divided the mixture 3 ways. One for pizza.

The next for this baked spaghetti I made today and put in the fridge for tomorrow. All I have to do is sprinkle some extra cheese on it and pop it in the oven. Thanks Laura at orgjunkie.com for the link to this last week! It looked delish!


The rest of the meat mixture combined with the extra sauce I'd made and is now in the freezer for the next time we make spaghetti.
The 7 meals for this week run about $31.

Sunday
Pizza Night
Sausage, Mushroom and Onion Pizza and Cheese Pizza $4.50
Salad $.75
$5.25

Monday
Spaghetti Bake $6.75 (eat half tonight- rest later in the week)
Green beans .50
Leftover biscuits .00
$7.25

Tuesday
Shrimp and ham fried rice $3.25 (Make rice Sunday)
Broccoli .75
$4.00

Wednesday
Garlic Broiled Chicken Thighs $3.00 (thank you .77 /lb sale!)
Baked sweet potatoes .75
Buttered noodles .60
$4.35

Thursday
Leftover spaghetti bake .00
Salad $.75
$.75

Friday
Italian beef over mashed potatoes $5.00
Steamed carrots .50
$5.50

Saturday
Chili Cheese Dinner $2.25 (using leftovers frozen from last week's turkey chili)
Corn .50
$2.75


Sunday
Pizza Night
Bbq chicken pizza and cheese pizza $5.00
Salad $.75
$5.75

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

After hearing about the baked spaghetti over at Org Junkie's and then seeing it again here, I think I will have to find a reason to make it next week!

Sherry

http://frugaldomesticgoddess.blogspot.com/2010/01/menu-plan-monday-pantry-challenge-week.html

Murad Skin Care