Home     About     Recipes     Garden

Saturday, March 6, 2010

New Schedule


Yes, in the immortal words of the Brady Bunch..it's time to change, you got to rearrange...

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that my schedule at work will be changing. For the past 5 years, I've been going to work at 4am, home mid afternoon. Now I will be shifting to a more normal 8 to 5-ish schedule (in theory, anyway). In my management position, I find it very easy for fires to erupt that could keep me at work later than intended.

This is something I really don't want. Pre kids, in my industry it was quite common for me to work 8 to 7 or 8, and that is just not acceptable. I know it will be unavoidable from time to time, and I'm okay with that, but it is really going to require a LOT of planning and discipline, both at work and at home to make all of this work for my family.

All of a sudden as of yesterday, this has been causing a little anxiety for me as I embark on the new schedule. I am praying for strength to overcome any new challenges, and for peace as I encounter things that I cannot control (bit of a control freak, that's me).

Let the adventure begin!

2 comments:

Martha said...

It's going to be very hard at first I'm sure. I work very early hours during the school year,out at 6am, home by 4. Then for 7 weeks in the summer I work 10 hour days, not getting home until after 6. Losing those two hours at home in the afternoon is difficult, but I do eventually adjust - of course that's right about the time my schedule changes back, LOL!

Good luck! :-)

Lisa said...

Good Luck with your new schedule. I am a nurse manager and I go to work at 5 a.m. and sometimes don't get home until 6 p.m. Most weeks I have Friday off. I have been pretty firm with the docs I work for about avoiding the long days. My work ethic doesn't allow me to leave sometimes.

Murad Skin Care