Home     About     Recipes     Garden

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Menu Plan Week of 3/22


Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me, it's my last year in my 30's, Happy...SOB! Yes, 39 forever this Thursday. I asked hubby to smoke ribs for my birthday dinner. Wednesday my friend Dawn and I are going to see Cirque du Soleil's Alegria, so hubby and the boys will be warming up the dinner I prepared for them today and will have in the freezer.

This weekend I have been playing catchup on all of the cooking/shopping/cleaning that I haven't done this week. The new schedule has been a little tough on me this week. My body is still getting tired at 8pm, and then I wake up at 3, and lay awake. I'm hoping this will eventually stop!

We were running very low on breakfast options for the boys, so today I made a big batch of pancakes to freeze, along with a batch of breakfast wraps, and a dozen really cute whole wheat mini bagel sandwiches with egg and cheese. I also hard boiled a dozen eggs and cooked up a batch of turkey breakfast sausage patties for quick breakfast choice for me. I cubed up some canteloupe for tomorrow's breakfasts, and later tonight after dinner I will pack up lunch for myself and for R.

This week's dinners comes to almost $35.

Monday-
grilled porkchops $2.50
baked sweet potatoes .75
salad .75
$4.00

Tuesday-
beef hash (w/ leftover roast beef, potatoes and onions) $1.25
spiced carrots .50
apple slices .50
$2.25

Wednesday-
Turkey Chili Cheese Pasta Bake for boys $3.00
green beans .50
$3.50

Thursday-
smoked ribs $6.00
spinach salad 1.00
Italian bread w/ bread dip .50
$7.50

Friday-
steak tostadas $3.50
black refried beans .75
corn .25
$4.50

Saturday-
ribs $6.00
corn .25
baked potatoes .75
$7.00

Sunday-
Pizza Night
$6.00

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I turned 40 in September, and I got out of a b-day party by scheduling minor surgery the next morning. :P I feel your pain!

I am also running low on EVERYTHING at my house...fortunately, Spring Break is coming next week, so I can do LOTS of restocking. :)

TJ said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a fabulous birthday. March birthdays are fun.

Murad Skin Care