Home     About     Recipes     Garden

Sunday, December 21, 2008

My favorite chocolate chip recipe


Making a batch of these today---they are my alltime favorites because they get that perfect crispy on the edges, chewy in the middle combo. Today they are a mix of semi sweet and white chips. I think the key to these is creaming the butter, shortening and sugar together really well, till it's nice and fluffy. I know some people prefer all butter to the butter/shortening combo. You can certainly swap in this recipe-I prefer the combo because I think it gives the cookie that perfect "bite". You might try butter flavored shortening. Adds to the flavor. Enjoy!

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (or any flavor/combo you prefer)
2 cups all-purpose flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees . Combine flour, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine soften butter with shortening, sugar and brown sugar and vanilla. Beat until creamy. Beat in egg. Gradually add flour mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 8-10 min. I like them almost underdone, so I do about 7-8 on a dark sheet.

0 comments:

Murad Skin Care