Home     About     Recipes     Garden

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Great way to jazz up canned green beans!

Okay, so first, I have to apologize that I didn't take a picture of this. I stumbled upon this video earlier for green bean and blue cheese gratin.

The recipe looked WONDERFUL, but fattening, as it calls for a whole pint of cream. Also fresh green beans, which I didn't have. But these kept bouncing around in my head so I improvised at home. I melted 2T butter and stirred in 1/2 of italian bread crumbs. sprinkled about 3T of them along the bottom of a little baking crock. Then added one drained can of green beans. I have blue cheese because I love it in salad, so I crumbled about 1.5 ounces over the top, then, since I had no cream, added about 1/2 cup of skim milk. Topped with the rest of the bread crumb mix, and then popped in the oven with my mini meatloaves and roasted potatoes at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes. Let them sit for 10. OMG!!! I will definitely make those again!

0 comments:

Murad Skin Care