Home     About     Recipes     Garden

Monday, August 9, 2010

Stuffed jalapenos in the smoker!


We've made stuffed jalapenos in the oven for years, but now, hubby has gone smoker crazy with them, and they are AWESOME! We used 12 peppers, cut in half and seeded. I boiled them for 2 minutes and shocked them in ice water, as my peppers are really hot, and the boiling takes a little bit of the heat out of them. In a bowl I combined 1 block of cream cheese, 1 bag of shredded mozzarella, 1/2 tsp pepper and 1/2 tsp garlic. Stuffed each pepper with about 1 heaping tablespoon of the cheese mixture, wrapped with a half slice of bacon, and secured with a toothpick.
Hubby smoked these at 235 degrees for about 2.5 hours, with pecan smoke for about an hour. Yum!

2 comments:

TJ said...

I do cream cheese (low fat) inside my jalapenos then wrap in bacon and throw them on the grill. YUM! Now I really want these, and my jalapeno plants have done nothing. I can't even find any blooms. I'm not a happy girl about that.

Gabrielle said...

These look absolutely wonderful!!!!

Murad Skin Care