Home     About     Recipes     Garden

Friday, August 27, 2010

Greek vinaigrette using fresh herbs

We eat a lot of salads here. Not just because they're good for you, but because we actually enjoy them! Especially in summer when so much of the salad comes from right in the back yard. Greek salad is one of those salads that features so much of what I grow.

I make our salad dressings from scratch, and usually for a vinaigrette I would use dry herbs. I decided this time, however, to take a stab at a vinaigrette with fresh herbs, and I was very pleased. The key, I think, is to chop them very, very finely. When you think you've chopped them enough, chop them some more. It helps spread the flavor throughout the vinaigrette so nicely.

2T fresh oregano (I used half oregano, half marjoram)
1t lemon rind
1/4t salt
1/4t pepper
3T red wine vinegar
1T water
1/4 cup olive oil
whisk ingredients together. Pour over salad and toss to coat.

0 comments:

Murad Skin Care