Home     About     Recipes     Garden

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Lil Cheddar Meatloaves

This is on my menu plan for this week. One of hubby's favorite meals. I think I found this in Taste of Home years ago, and it's been a staple. I didn't like the oats in the original recipe, so I substituted crushed saltines. I also like to add a little chili sauce to the meat mixture. I've made these without the cheese and they're still darn good.

1 egg
3/4 C. milk
1 C. (4 ounce) shredded Cheddar cheese
15 saltines, finely crushed
1/2 C. chopped onion
1/4 cup of bottled chili sauce
1 t. salt 1 lb. lean ground beef
2/3 C. catsup
1/2 C. packed brown sugar
1 1/2 t. prepared mustard

In bowl, beat eggs and milk. Stir in cheese, crackers, chili sauce, onion and salt. Add beef, take off your rings(!) and mix well. Shape into eight loaves; place in a greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish. Combine catsup, brown sugar and mustard. Spoon over loaves.
Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.

1 comments:

Jules said...

Thanks for this recipe, Michelle! I added this to my menu plan for tonight! I had all of the ingredients, so, tonight it is!!

Thanks again!

~Blessings,
Julie

Murad Skin Care