Home     About     Recipes     Garden

Monday, November 8, 2010

Menu Plan Week of 11/8


Wow. Thanksgiving is just over 2 weeks away. I truly cannot believe how quickly the weeks have been flying by recently. That means just over 2 weeks until I have to figure out what to do with all the turkey leftovers. :)

I wasn't really inspired to follow the menu plan all week. I moved a few things and changed a couple meals based on grocery sales, and just because I ended up with a taste for something else, I guess. I have moved some of those meals to this week, so pardon the repeats. :)

I did have some fun this week in the kitchen, though! I prepped and froze a whole lot of fresh asparagus and fresh broccoli I'd gotten for bargain prices this week. I also got creative. Check out this beautiful tray of lasagna I prepped. And no noodles. I used zucchini and summer squash slices as the "noodles". The whole family enjoyed it! Check back later this week for the recipe. It was really easy!

I also got a whim to try a gluten free cake. I'm not quite confident yet to do something of that scale from scratch, so I tried a mix.

Add my homemade buttercream frosting and again, a treat the entire family has been enjoying- including me! I will post my buttercream recipe this week as well. This was the first time I made the frosting in my Kitchenaid stand mixer, and I have to say it was the best batch ever because I was just able to let it go. My arm always got too tired before!


Okay, enough about last week...on to this week's menu plan! I feed 2 adults and 2 children.
Monday-
mini meatloaves $3.00
steamed asparagus spears $1.00
baked sweet potatoes $1.00
$5.00
Tuesday-
boys will have sandwiches before Dad takes them to swim practice. I have an event to attend so I'll have to eat later in the evening. I will be making this tomato and roasted red pepper soup tonight to stash in the fridge for tomorrow. I will top with some blue cheese and serve with a salad. Yum!

Wednesday-
spaghetti and meatballs $4.00
green beans .40
salad .75
$5.15
Thursday-
chicken and rice casserole $4.00
baked acorn squash $5.00
Friday-
tacos $3.00
corn .50
guacamole (got avocados for .29 each at aldi this week!) $1.00
$4.00
Saturday-
Lemon Shrimp over Angel Hair- $5.00
salad- .75
broccoli- .75
$6.50
Sunday-
italian beef sandwiches (lettuce wraps for me!) $4.00
coleslaw $1.00
hand cut baked steak fries- $1.00
$6.00


4 comments:

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Excellent menu! Love the price on the avocados!

Unknown said...

I love homemade guac.

Michelle said...

me too! :)

Lisa said...

Looking forward to the zucchini lasagna recipe! Thanks for following my blog! Your blog is great and I will definitely be back to visit often~

Lisa

Murad Skin Care