Home     About     Recipes     Garden

Monday, November 22, 2010

Heavenly Buttercream Frosting


If you intend to bake anything requiring frosting this holiday season, might I suggest you try this recipe? I have used this basic recipe for years, as it is easy, quick, and I've never goofed it up. :) Wonderful treats like this have become even more special to me now on the GF diet. I'm having to learn how to modify so many recipes. This one needs no adjustments.

I generally use half of this recipe if I'm just frosting a cake in a pan, or a batch of cupcakes, but if you are doing a full layer cake, or you have children that might sneak off with the bowl, make the full recipe.

2 sticks of butter, room temperature
3 cups of powdered sugar (you could need more if you need the frosting stiffer, so keep it at the ready)
1T vanilla extract
pinch of salt (yes...trust me on this one)
2-3T cream

Using stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar for 3-4 minutes. Add vanilla, salt and cream, and continue to mix for another 3-4 minutes. Add more sugar if you need the frosting to be stiffer, 2-3T at a time. If you need the frosting to be thinner, add 1T cream at a time.

3 comments:

Nicole Nowlin said...

You can substitute water for the cream and it will make the icing counter stable, otherwise it should be refridgerated. The salt does make a difference but can affect how the icing takes color, it works best if you mix the powdered sugar and salt together first.

Michelle said...

These are great suggestions! I haven't tried adding color to this, so good to know!

Panharith said...

These are great suggestions!






Goldenslot สล็อต
goldenslot mobile

Murad Skin Care