Home     About     Recipes     Garden

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Working Wounded

Sore shoulder or no, we will start drowning in vegetables if I don't do something. So working slowly today. These cucumbers slices are soaking in ice water to help their crispness before they become cold packed dills and cold packed bread and butter pickles. I still haven't done a full can on the pickles. I'm almost afraid to because I like the crunch from the cold packed ones so much. Afraid the canning process will make them mushy. Guess I'll get brave eventually.

I still have 3 large bags of cucumbers in the fridge even after slicing 56 of them up. Crazy.

Next will be the 5 bags of roma tomatoes begging to be peeled, diced and canned or frozen or made into yummy sauce or salsa.

1 comments:

a49erfangirl said...

We didn't have a garden this year. I would so love to do canning pickles and such. Maybe next year. Dakota planted some seeds and they are growing but I really don't think nothing will come of them as we planted them later. Good Luck on the canning.

Murad Skin Care