Home     About     Recipes     Garden

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Cucumber Sauce


When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade, right? So, if life gives me cucumbers, I make cucumber sauce. I can't officially call this tzatziki, because it only has sour cream in it, not yogurt. You could do half and half w/ plain or greek yogurt and sour cream to make it a little more authentic.

2 small cucumbers, peeled and cut into chunks
2 cloves of garlic, peeled
1 lemon, juiced
2T olive oil
1T fresh dill or mint
1 16oz container of sour cream
sea salt to taste

Place sour cream in a small bowl. Place garlic in food processor and pulse until minced. Add cucumbers, lemon juice, olive oil and dill and pulse 4 or 5 times. Stir mixture into sour cream. Add salt to taste. Refrigerate at least 1 hour. Overnight is even better.

1 comments:

Martha said...

Mmmmm, I love cucumber sauce, but for some reason I've never made it. I'm putting it on my list to make now :-)

Murad Skin Care