- I have about 30 lbs. of cucumbers and about 20 lbs. of tomatoes that I need to do something with. Thinking relish for the cucumbers, and sauce for most of the tomatoes. I've been making salsa and also dehydrating many of the tomatoes I've already processed.
- R's 7th birthday is Tuesday and his party is next Sunday so I have planning and errands to run for that.
- meal plan for this week. Looks like I'll get one night off Tuesday because R is requesting Red Robin for his birthday. We haven't eaten out in ages, so this will be fun!
- Drawer and closet cleanout for the boys and for me. Need to make sure we are ready for the transition into fall and I can start looking for anything they might be short on. For me, it's about getting all the big clothes out of the drawers and finding smaller clothes for fall. I grabbed thicker dress pants and a long sleeve shirt earlier this week on a cooler day at 3 when I wasn't awake, and it wasn't until I was at work after a couple of cups of coffee that I realized that I was SWIMMING in my outfit. I hadn't worn these items since March, and while it was cool to see just how much I've changed in 6 months, it was also pretty embarassing because I looked like a bag lady. So much so that the next day one of the sales girls came up and asked me what size I was now, because she'd lost weight too and might have some things to fit me. LOL.
- need to spend time in my garden and start taking out plants that are done for the season. Some of the tomato plants are done, and I have to get them out because you can't compost with tomato plants.
Check back this weekend for some recipes I'm overdue on posting, including the huge successes I''ve had with dehydrating my romas. I rehydrated some this week for pasta, and they were even better than the sundried tomatoes you end up spending $5 a bag for.