Home     About     Recipes     Garden

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Looks like the Gluten Free Diet is going to stick around

I have been experimenting and finding some great successes with gluten free flours and ingredients. I made a pan of cornbread over the weekend that hubby gobbled and was all gone by the next day. A definite sign of approval.


I will also post photos and the recipe for this eggplant parmesan I made. I was very proud of the breading. Hubby doesn't even like eggplant and he liked this. Told me I was "allowed" to make it again. LOL.
I have been quite buoyed by these successes, because I saw my doctor Friday and they want me to stay on the diet. I need to accept that this is a long term change. Seeing my family able to enjoy the foods I'm making for my restrictions has been nice---I really don't want to make 2 dinners all the time.
Of course, when it rains, it pours, and I spent a good chunk of last week with a raging fever that has turned into a nice chest virus. That threw me off schedule again, so I have been flying by the seat of my pants for dinners this week, but am going to buckle down this weekend.

0 comments:

Murad Skin Care